Thursday, 21 October 2010

Interview with Briana of BrianaDragon

Interview with the talented artist and designer Briana Blair

Ricaso: Tell us a bit about yourself

Briana: My name is Briana Blair, and I live in middle GA right now. I'm a writer and artist, and I've been doing art and crafts of some form since I was just a little thing. I've experimented with so many craft forms that I can hardly keep up. I'm also a bit on the dark side. I've learned to embrace that and accept that being freaky is actually a good thing. It's actually really good for my art, because my dark humor comes through in a lot of my art, and that's what people seem to like about it. My art is just as unusual as I am.

Ricaso: How did you find Zazzle?

Briana: I was looking for an alternative to CP, and everyone was talking about Zazzle. I started off just adding a design here and there, but after a while I ditched CP and went full on with two Zazzle shops.

Ricaso: How do you create your art?

Briana: These days because of wrist problems I do most of my artwork digitally. However, when my hands will allow I still draw by hand then scan in the art. In the past I did paintings, crochet, sculptures and other kinds of art then took photos and edited them into art for my shops. I've even dabbled with a bit of photography.

Ricaso: Have you made friends, true friends through Zazzle?

Briana: Not really. I have tons of acquaintances, people that I chat with from time to time, but no true friends from Zazzle. It's probably my own fault though. Between writing and art, I don't have much time for a social life.

Ricaso: Favorite design and why?

Briana: Oh wow, that's a hard one! I have so many that I like... I guess at the moment my favorite is my Skelly Mummy 

He's completely original, I made each of the bandages then placed each one by hand. (18 layers!) He came out really great. I love skulls, and he just looks so well done, I'd say he's my favorite right now.

Ricaso: In an ideal world what product(s) would you like to see Zazzle offer?

Briana: Oh, there are so many things! Laptop skins, earrings and necklaces, Italian charms, purses, playing cards, window clings, jigsaw puzzles and notebooks would be my top requests. I think if Zazzle would expand to carry these products they'd do really well, and we artists would love using them.

Ricaso: What feature would you like to see Zazzle bring in?

Briana: I'd love to see an option to make a folder, add a design with the title & description, then be able to bulk add all products (Including paper goods) to that folder, after which we could customize all the items before they go live. I think that would be a lot easier than the way we have to do things now. It'd also be great if we were able to bulk add a product to a selection of existing designs.

Ricaso: What would you be doing now if you had never of heard of Zazzle?

Briana: Probably limping along on some other site. I might have created several hundred free shops on CP, or tried to find an alternative. Honestly, I may have just given up completely. I am so thankful to have found Zazzle. Without them I'd be lost. I love that I have a place to sell my art and not pay insane fees.

Ricaso: What do you like to do when not Zazzling?

Briana: I spend most of my non-Zazzle time writing. I love to do it, and I've written over 600 articles and several books. When I'm not working I'm usually spending time with my husband, watching movies or playing video games.
 

Ricaso: What is your favorite Zazzle feature?

Briana: Honestly, the fact that it's free. When some of us say we're "starving artists", we're not kidding. Zazzle being free means I don't have to worry. I can work as much or as little as I want, I'm never going to pay out more than I make, and I get to keep my profits. That's why I was so excited about working with them.

Ricaso: If you won the lottery, would you still design for Zazzle?

Briana; Absolutely! As a matter of fact, I'd be able to buy software and tools to make designing easier, which would be fantastic. I doubt I'll ever stop making art. Oh, and if I were rich, I could hire someone to do the promoting, and spend all my time making cool artwork!

Ricaso: What one piece of advice would you give about Zazzling?

Briana: Be patient. You're not going to get famous and make a fortune overnight. No matter how great your work is, it's going to take some time. So create good art, put it in your shop, do your promotion, and just know that as time goes on it will get better and better.

Ricaso: How can friends/fans/customers find/follow you away from Zazzle?

Briana: Well, I have a Fan Page on FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/BlairPeacock , I have a blog: http://bluedragoncreations.com/ , I'm on Twitter: http://twitter.com/brianadragon. I'm actually all over the place on the internet, and there's a full list on the blog.

 

Thank you Briana for answering our questions

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Banners

Baby Gifts Disney Descendants Custom Holiday Gifts 1 Custom Holiday Cards Custom Wrapped Canvas Back to School Fathers Day 1 Mothers Day 1 Mothers Day 2 Valentines Day Save the Date Magnets St. Patricks Day Screen printing Pet Clothing New Bag Styles Bar/Bat Mitzvah Funny T-Shirts Custom T-Shirts Custom Tank Tops Custom Fabric Disney's Frozen

Zazzle Coupons and Promotions's Facebook Wall