Tuesday, 16 November 2010

Interview With Donna Grayson

Today we feature the artist and designer Donna Grayson .. you will love her work .. the talent of this lady shines bright in her amazing abstract artwork

Ricaso: Tell us a bit about yourself 

Donna: I live in Los Angeles w/ a 16 yr old cat named Cinnamon. I work in the accounting offices for a large entertainment company.

Ricaso: How did you find Zazzle?

Donna: I was with the "other" POD, and hated it because I could never get my products seen. I went on an internet search and found Zazzle.

Ricaso: How do you create your art?

Donna: Usually I start with a little do-dad that I find in a photo. Sometimes I draw the little do-dad. Then I use either an old Paintshop Pro program or Photoshop to fix it up.  I use S-tile by Harwave when I make patterns.

Ricaso: Favorite design and why?

turquoise red you're invited postcard
Donna: Because it was the first design where I had a huge bulk order. It was an order totalling 725 postcards. I almost fell off my chair.

Ricaso: In an ideal world what product(s) would you like to see Zazzle offer?

Donna: First, Fabric because I love to make patterns, and they would be great on the fabric. Second, Writing Journals or Notepads - since we are making alot of paper products, these would be a good addition. A personal favorte would be earrings - because they are about the only jewelery I wear and I would buy alot of earrings from Zazzle.

Ricaso: What feature would you like to see Zazzle bring in?

Donna: Tiling on all products. Better cropping options for images on products.

Ricaso: What would you be doing now if you had never of heard of Zazzle?

Donna; Something Artistic - maybe I would be in an Improv group, or learning to paint with oils, or possibly learning to play an instrument. It would be connected to the Arts.

Ricaso: What do you like to do when not Zazzling?

Donna; I like to visit museums and see theatre. I also like fine dining.. I participate in alot of meetup.com groups - it gets me out of the house.

Ricaso; What is your favorite Zazzle feature?

Donna: I do like the Quick Create. I know alot of people have problems with it. But if you use it, and then tweek each product so the image looks good on the product then it can still be a great time saver.

Ricaso: If you won the lottery, would you still design for Zazzle?

Donna; Yes ! But I would have fancier computer equipment and software!

Ricaso: What one piece of advice would you give about Zazzling?

Donna: Do what you enjoy. Don't get hung up in what is popular or selling. Have fun creating quality products that you like. There is no need to stress out. Have fun with it.

Ricaso; How can friends/fans/customers find/follow you away from Zazzle?

Donna; My website is www.donnagrayson.com
and
http://www.facebook.com/DonnaGGrayson
http://twitter.com/donnagrayson

Thank you Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Banners

Baby Gifts Disney Descendants Custom Holiday Gifts 1 Custom Holiday Cards Custom Wrapped Canvas Back to School Fathers Day 1 Mothers Day 1 Mothers Day 2 Valentines Day Save the Date Magnets St. Patricks Day Screen printing Pet Clothing New Bag Styles Bar/Bat Mitzvah Funny T-Shirts Custom T-Shirts Custom Tank Tops Custom Fabric Disney's Frozen

Zazzle Coupons and Promotions's Facebook Wall