Thursday, 4 November 2010

Interview With Kris of KrispysKingdom

A very insightful interview with graphic designer Kris of KrispysKingdom fame

Ricaso:Tell us a bit about yourself

Kris: I have been a graphic designer working on my own schedule since 2003. I have three children, ages 4, 7, and 15. I live in Dubuque, Iowa, and am from California.

Ricaso: How did you find Zazzle?

Kris: Honestly, I'm not sure. It was such a long time ago (lol). I think it may have been during a search for other print-on-demand sites after I had found another one.

Ricaso: How do you create your art?

Kris: Sometimes I draw using my tablet. Most of the time I use my graphic programs to develop artwork. Other times, I venture out with my camera and take pictures of things that I use to create new graphics or photographic artwork.

Ricaso: Have you made friends, true friends through Zazzle?

Kris: I have made true online friends - people I chat with from time to time - but the relationships have not moved offline.

Ricaso: Favorite design and why?

Kris: I would have say that my favorite design is my entire "Love is in the Air" collection. I adapted it to represent my business after creating it during the first season of "Project Zazzle". I love the color combination and carefree 'feeling' of the set.


Ricaso: In an ideal world what product(s) would you like to see Zazzle offer?

Kris: I would love page dividers for the binders. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the selection of products, especially since they added all the paper products.

Ricaso: What feature would you like to see Zazzle bring in?

Kris: Password-protected categories would allow the designers who create custom products to easily make those products available only to their clients without having to provide the link for each product (i.e. via Direct API).

Ricaso: What would you be doing now if you had never of heard of Zazzle?

Kris: I would probably be working harder to get custom design projects instead of spending so much time creating new products and marketing my store. I'd also probably be baking more!

Ricaso: What do you like to do when not Zazzling?

Kris: I love to watch movies. I watch one almost every night and prefer a good film over TV any day. I also like to go hiking, play at the park with the fam, and host dinner for my friends. I have a super cool dog who plays fetch, too, which can easily burn a couple of hours.

Ricaso: What is your favorite Zazzle feature?

Kris: My favorite Zazzle feature is, hands-down, the customization feature. This is what sets Zazzle apart from other print-on-demand sites and allows customers to make each product unique for their lives.

Ricaso: If you won the lottery, would you still design for Zazzle?

Kris: I actually would! I miss Zazzling when I am away. I can honestly say that I would probably cut back to accommodate traveling and shopping, but it would still be a big part of my life.

Ricaso: What one piece of advice would you give about Zazzling?

Kris; If you want to make a living through your artwork in your Zazzle store, you absolutely must accept that this is a business. You have to work hard, market your brand, advertise your store, and everything else involved with running a business. Don't rely on Zazzle to find your success - you have to make your own - and don't base your potential on others'.

Ricaso: How can friends/fans/customers find/follow you away from Zazzle?

Kris: My main website is http://kustombykris.com/
My facebook page is at http://facebook.kustombykris.com/
My twitter profile is at http://www.twitter.com/kustombykris

Kris H.
KrispysKingdom

Thank you Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Banners

Baby Gifts Disney Descendants Custom Holiday Gifts 1 Custom Holiday Cards Custom Wrapped Canvas Back to School Fathers Day 1 Mothers Day 1 Mothers Day 2 Valentines Day Save the Date Magnets St. Patricks Day Screen printing Pet Clothing New Bag Styles Bar/Bat Mitzvah Funny T-Shirts Custom T-Shirts Custom Tank Tops Custom Fabric Disney's Frozen

Zazzle Coupons and Promotions's Facebook Wall